Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm getting settled







Although I only had two days at the school this week, I got a pretty good flavor for what it's like and I like it. The preschool kids are smart and spunky and I'm excited to be working with them. The afternoon kids who are a little bit older also look to be a good fit for me to work with.

The school is changing its curriculum in March and therefore things will be in a bit of a state of flux until then. But for now I help in the preschool from 9:45-2 and then do afternoon classes roughly from 3-6.

I spent Saturday in Seoul and soaked up all the sights, sounds, and smells that it had to offer. It was tiring but fun. I experienced perhaps the most incredible hand drying station at the Outback Steakhouse bathroom. It's kind of hard to explain but I'll try and get a picture of it sometime. I also indulged in the sweetness of some Krispy Creme donuts, and they did not disappoint.

The first picture is of some of the students eating spaghetti out of a waffle cone. Which I will never understand.

The next two are of me on my first train ride, and me riding a tram up to a viewing post overlooking Seoul.

The second to last picture is of my dinner from Thursday, real live spaghetti. It tasted good and I was kind of proud that I ate something that wasn't cooked in a microwave. To be honest I thought I'd lose weight in Korea, but I'm starting to doubt that. The foods good and I have access to some pretty good groceries as well.

The next is the Seoul sky line and the last is the preschoolers, piled on top of each other. I couldn't tell you why they are piled like that, but at least they weren't punching each other.

5 comments:

Linda said...

David - nice apartment! It looks like you must have a view of some sort because you certainly have a BIG window! I never doubted that you would do well in the school, so it doesn't surprise me that it is a good fit. You've always been good with kids. Well, we're heading off to church. I'll tell everyone to look at your blog. We miss you, but the pictures make it easier! Linda

Anonymous said...

Dave,
looks like you're doing well:) and having fun. Thanks for the fun pics. Love you!
Beth

Aslan's Adventures in Haiti said...

Looks like you're having fun so far! Your mom told me about the other teacher you are working with... :( ... and how the kids love you! I'm still praying for you and so is my high school girl's D-Group! :)

Aslan's Adventures in Haiti said...

Oh...almost forgot...to add a link to a friend's blog on your page: First view your blog. On the top right of the page click on "customize". Then add a page element. The one I used was "Link List" Once you add the link, and name it whatever you want. You can drag it wherever you want it to show up on your page. Hope that helps! It took me a LOOOOONG time to figure that out! :0

chris and monica said...

Ice cream cones for bowls....ewwww